Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Poirot (Revised Sept 2, 2013)

NARRATOR:        Are you familiar with the old Television series, Agatha Christie’s Poirot? Basically, Hercule Poirot is a Belgian-born genius detective living in London who solves mysteries with his companion, Captain Hastings and Chief Inspector Japp the no-nonsense officer from Scotland Yard.
In this sketch, I imagine the following characters appearing on this stage.
Hercule Poirot
POIROT:          Bon soir, mes amis! <bow> Ah, mon dieu, where have I left mon French tickler?
NARRATOR:        Captain Hastings
HASTINGS:        I say, good day, good day to you all! French tickler, Poirot? Why on earth would you need a French tickler?
NARRATOR:        and Chief Inspector James Japp
JAPP:            ‘ello, ‘ello. If there’s gonna be any French tickling going on here, it had better not be on my watch.
POIROT:          This room, it is so dusty. I need my French tickler to dust the book shelves.
HASTINGS:        Surely, you mean, you need your feather duster!
POIROT:          Oui. This feather duster, is it not made of feathers?
HASTINGS:        Yes...
POIROT:          And these feathers, do they not tickle? No?
HASTINGS:        Well, yes, they can.
POIROT:          And are these feathers not from France?
HASTINGS:        Now, hold on, not necessarily, the feathers could come from anywhere. They do not have to be French feathers.
POIROT:          Oui, but the best feathers do come from France and I seriously need to find my French tickler before Ms. Lemon gets here.
HASTINGS:        Now, see here, Poirot, all this talk of your French tickler, tickling with feathers and Ms. Lemon is starting to sound a little kinky, wouldn’t you say?
POIROT:          Au contraire, mon ami, erotic perhaps, but not kinky.
HASTINGS:        What’s the difference?
POIROT:          The difference between erotic and kinky, Hastings? Simplement. If erotic means using a feather, kinky means using the whole chicken!
JAPP:            ‘ello, ‘ello! What’s all this then about playing chicken with Ms Lemon?       
POIROT:          Ah, mon ami, Chief Inspector Japp! Hastings and I were preparing for a little meeting between the 3 of us, une ménage à trois, if you will, OVER
                 with Ms. Lemon, when I found I had misplaced my French tickler. What brings you to my office?        
JAPP:            Nasty business, nasty business about Ms. Lemon.
HASTINGS:        Gasp! What happened?
JAPP:            She has disappeared.
HASTINGS:        No! Not Ms. Lemon!
JAPP:            Unfortunately, so. Apparently, someone put the squeeze on ‘er.
POIROT:          Mon dieu! Put the squeeze on her? My poor Ms Lemon. She has such a, how do you say, zest for life! Who would do such a thing?
JAPP:            Well I was ‘oping you could ‘elp us figure that out.
HASTINGS:        Where was she seen last?
JAPP:            Far as we can tell, she was last seen leaving the local chemist’s shop.
POIROT:          Do you know if she looked OK?
JAPP:            Well, the report says, she looked pretty juiced up.
POIROT:          And then?
JAPP:            And then, the story takes a strange twist. We lost ‘er in the crowd but not before a patrol officer saw her hop into a car with her sister Lulu.
HASTINGS:        Lulu? Lulu Lemon? How revealing! That Lulu Lemon, she’s such a tart!
POIROT:          Hastings! And then what happened?
JAPP:            Well, that’s it. The Lemons dropped into a car and peeled away. Who knows where she’s gone now? Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, it does.
HASTINGS:        Well, it is a rather juicy story.
POIROT:          Juicy, yes, but, nevertheless, we must find Ms Lemon and see that she is not in any danger.
JAPP:            Where do you suggest we look first?
POIROT:          First, my dear Chief Inspector, I must tickle my little grey cells and think about where the Ms Lemons would go to escape this squeeze.
HASTINGS:        The poor Ms Lemons. Maybe, they have gone where there are other lemons.
POIROT:          Precisement, Hastings, they are with other lemons! Chief Inspector Japp, you will find the Ms. Lemons at the local garage having their car fixed.
JAPP:            ‘ow in the world would you know that?
POIROT:          Simplement, Chief Inspector, for I sold that car to those ladies and indeed, it is a lemon!
HASTINGS:        Jolly good, Poirot, I am so relieved that we came to Ms Lemon’s assistance.
JAPP:            Well, it’s been a slice! Tell me Poirot, just how do you manage to solve these mysteries without leaving your apartment, then?
POIROT:          My dear chief inspector, it was simply a matter of tickling my grey cells without using the whole chicken! END

No comments:

Post a Comment