Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September 3, 2013 Open Mic: Poor House Bistro & Caffe Frascati San Jose

California Mission Impossible & Downtown Arby's

Performed at two open mics tonight. Jeff Ochoa came by the Poor House to check it out, which greatly improved the audience demographic in my favor. Jeff laughed at all the right times and I didn't even have to buy him a beer or anything. :-) I performed my new sketch California Mission Impossible to great applause. Well, to some applause. Although a few people complimented me on my way back to my table. One regular said, "That's another good one!" Take notice, all you irregulars out there. :-) Nice to see Pia come by to sing.
Later, I stopped by Caffe Frascati just after 8, with Jeff coming along to help the demographics. Michael Brandon was hosting and kindly put me down at #5 so I was on about 15 minutes after arriving, which was very nice. Pia came by and it was a good thing that Jeff was there, because who the heck else was going to laugh at my new joke about the Banana Splits in my revised version of Downtown Arby's?  And Danny Allen was getting a little serious about Syria, not surprising considering he's not one to run from Iran or turn his back on Iraq.
And listen all you aspiring David Kelly's out there. I know you're out there, but you're too shy to admit it. If there's one thing I've learned about writing sketches, get to the love interest before the first 20 seconds are up, or you're toast. The second thing I've learned is that most of the other comedians couldn't care less about my sketches or my advice. Fine, then, I won't laugh or clap at your next dick or vagina joke. So there!
Jeff threatened to show up at the Poor House next Tuesday with "some of da boyz."  I'm looking forward to seeing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment